SOURCES OF DATA COLLECTION
- Information Provided by Users - If Users provide Personal Data for a certain reason, Omana may use the Personal Data in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if a User contacts us by email, Omana will use the Personal Data provided by the User, to answer their question or resolve their problem. Also, if Users provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to the Services or create an account, Omana will use the Personal Data to provide access to such Services, maintain User account, contact the User(s) regarding their use of the Services and/or the Site or to notify them of important changes to the Services and/or the Site, and to monitor their use of such services.
- Personal Information - In the course of using the Service (whether as a Client or Vendor), we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, company address, billing address, and phone number.
- Payment Information - If you use the Service to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information, such as credit card, PayPal or other bank account information, and billing address.
- Identity Verification - We will collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth, Aadhar card or PAN details, to validate your identity or as may be required by law, eg. to complete tax filings. You may be requested to provide documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo or a billing statement.
After the removal or account closing of a user from Omana, user personal information will be anonymized but information like email, completed projects and bank details, will be retained to prevent abuse by the user in the future, e.g., where the user cancels the account to nullify their bad ratings and joins again.
Where the information collected automatically on the Site is Personal Data, the legal basis for the use of this information is that it is necessary for the purposes of Omana’s legitimate interests in maintaining the safe operation of the Site as well as in learning how Site visitors interact with the Site, to improve the User experience.
Omana and its third party service providers, including analytics and third party content providers, may automatically collect certain information from Users whenever they access or interact with the Service. This information may include, among other information, the browser and operating system Users are using, the URL or advertisement that referred them to the Service, the search terms entered into a search engine that led them to the Service, areas within the Service that they visited, authentication services like CAPTCHA, and other information commonly shared when browsers communicate with websites. Omana may combine this automatically collected log information with other information it collects about its Users. This is done to improve services Omana offers to its Users, to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
PURPOSE OF DATA USAGE
- If Users provide Personal Data for a certain reason, Omana will use the Personal Data in connection with the reason for which it was provided.
- To send administrative information to Users, eg., information regarding the Site and changes to its T&C, and policies.
- To conduct analytics on how the Site and its Service are being used by Users for internal purposes, namely for providing, maintaining, benchmarking and improving Omana’s services, and identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns. It is also to inform Omana’s marketing strategy and personalize its communications with its Users (including providing information on new features and other marketing and service-related announcements relevant to the content and features, Users engage with).
- To market Omana’s services.
- To prevent fraud or criminal activity, misuses of Omana’s products, and ensure the security of its IT systems and networks.
- To (a) comply with legal obligations and legal process, (b) respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (c) protect operations; (d) protect Omana’s rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of its Users or others; and (e) allow Omana to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that it may sustain.
- If Users ask to delete their data, Omana may keep basic data to identify the Users and prevent further unwanted processing.
- To respond to Users’ inquiries and fulfill their requests, sending requested materials and newsletters, as well as information and materials regarding Omana’s products.
To supplement the information that collected from Users with information obtained from third parties (described above) in order to update, expand and analyse Omana’s records, identify new Clients, and provide products and services that may be of interest to its Users.
This Policy shall not apply to any unsolicited information Users provide to Omana through the Site or through any other means (without prejudice to their rights under the applicable law). This includes, but is not limited to, information posted to any public areas of the Site, such as forums (collectively, “Public Areas”), any ideas for new products or modifications to existing products, and other unsolicited submissions (collectively, “Unsolicited Information”). All Unsolicited Information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and Omana shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, distribute and exploit such Unsolicited Information without limitation or attribution.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in various ways, including:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you email updates
- Find and prevent fraud
- Log Files
Omana by Ranjana Bothra follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit & explore our website. All hosting companies do this as a part of hosting services’ analytics.The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
The Site may contain links to other websites not operated or controlled by Omana (“Third Party Sites”). The information that Users share with Third Party Sites will be governed by the specific privacy policies and T&Cs of the Third Party Sites and not by this Policy. By having these links on the Site, it is not implied that Omana endorses or has reviewed the Third Party Sites. These sites may place their own cookies or other files on Users’ electronic device(s), collect data or solicit Personal Information. Users are encouraged to contact these Third Party Sites directly, for information regarding their privacy policies.
We make use of the cookie’s application on certain pages of the site; this is mainly used to keep track of your current shopping session so that you may easily retrieve your shopping cart at any time. “Cookies” are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing our services by storing information about your shopping session and helping us identify your computer.“Cookies” are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing the best service to our clients by storing information about your shopping behavior.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
While Omana’s servers are located in India, some of the personal information you provide to us will be stored or processed on our behalf by third party suppliers and data processors and may be located in other jurisdictions, such as the United States, whose laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. Whether to third parties or internally, any transfers of personal information from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries not deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection are governed by European Union (EU) standard contractual clauses, or in the case of the United States, the EU - US Privacy Shield, and/or equivalent data transfer regulations to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
HOW LONG DOES TOW STORE USER DATA
Omana will retain project data and transaction data as long as the user is active on the site. Data older than 6 months may be archived and can be provided to the user only on demand.
Omana has different retention policies for different types of personal data. The retention period is dictated by certain factors, such as the type of personal data, the purpose for which the data was collected, the legal basis permitting us to collect and store it, statutory requirements, industry guidelines, Omana’s legitimate interests in providing the Services or protecting its legal rights etc.
Omana constantly assesses the storage periods in order to ensure that it does not keep any personal data more than is absolutely necessary for processing purposes. When there is no longer a legitimate reason or legal requirement to process Users’ personal data, Omana will delete it or store it in an anonymized and aggregated manner that no longer identifies the Users.
In addition, if a User has an account with Omana, the personal data will be kept for as long as the account is active and not deleted.